Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting NX for Visi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexfly

Automotive
Dec 27, 2009
US
Hi all. I have a new customer who is on Visi.
I’m planning on exporting a stp file at the end. My question is is there any way to export with attributes so when they open with visi they can see material type, supplier etc. Or is there a better way to translate in this situation?
It looks like they just have one file for a whole design all organized by layers. I’m in Die Design where my assemblies can have 400 details. I’m really hoping to make this work.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you looked at the Visi web ?
depending on the NX version you are on, you might not need do anything. :)

2019-06-04_09-21-58_aw03mc.png

Regards,
Tomas

As I remember it, Step 214 has a provision for exporting "Product Data"
It's a check box under the Advanced Setting Tab.

Pretty sure that includes part attributes.

As long as the target system has their equivalent turned on they should pass thru.

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX1851, Win 10 Pro

While I don't work with Visi, I believe Vero/Hexagon use the same translators across all there platforms now.

We use WorkXplore as a viewer and WorkNC for NC cutting. if you label your layers in NX, those layer categories will become Layer Groups. Using properties and naming a Saved WCS, that name will go through as well. <- last I checked that did not work for datum WCS though.

WorkXplore can read attributes but it generates as a txt or html document, not sure if that goes through to Visi or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back