Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fairfield gear program, where to find? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodneysc

Aerospace
Oct 16, 2017
CA
Hello

I have been all over the Fairfield web page but cannot locate the Fairfield Gear Program that everyone seems to love.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Rodney

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fairfield/Oerlikon stopped supporting the program several years ago but kept offering it for awhile, although I can't find it on their website now. I believe they would respond to an inquiry. It is a fine company.

I doubt that there is any malware in the program. I have been using it for more than ten years without a problem. Maybe the IT department at rodneysc's company is getting a bunch of false positives.

For this casual user, the program is excellent. Others are more powerful, but they are not free. It would be a shame if F/O has finally abandoned it.

They removed the requirement for the CN.FIL a few years ago. It was irritating. At that time I downloaded the revised program - "General User Unlimited Version V7.1.3".

The program Strong cited above is the web interactive version 8.0. Maybe that one is infected now. I remember using it a few times and didn't like it, but don't think it was infected then.

V7.1.3 runs on your computer instead of the web. You will be happy with it. I think Fairfield would give you the straight dope if you asked them.

Thanks Windward for the info.
I checked the above cited software for problems and found none, looks to be safe.
The version 7.1.3 seems to be unavailable for download. Also, I find it not appropriate to ask Fairfield for the program, since they've decided to stop supporting it like 5 years ago.
Looks like roodneysc and me will have to forget it, unless somebody from the gear community would share a copy of version 7.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back