Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FE/EIT Exam location - SFO Bay Area, April 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobravuk

Civil/Environmental
Aug 3, 2022
HR
Hi,

I passed my FE/EIT exam in the San Francisco Bay Area in April 2003. I’ve been trying to remember where the test center location was exactly. At the time, I was new to and not familiar with the Bay Area. Most likely it was somewhere in the East Bay. Anybody here who could help me figure out the FE/EIT test center location, SF Bay Area, 04/2003?

Please note that I’ve contacted the CA State Board and the NCEES with the same question, and they don't have that information!?!?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure I understand why you would need to know where you took the exam, beyond what state you were in. That's all that would matter in locating documentation that you took the test, which I assume is what you're looking for.

Rod Smith, P.E., The artist formerly known as HotRod10

Glad that you guys are having fun with my question. The reason for my question is personal and it won't be disclosed but the lucky pencil was very close :)

Not sure what the OP's personal reason is, but filling out an out of state comity application a few months ago I had to list the address of my testing center. Thought it was strange.

...I had to list the address of my testing center.

My FE exam was in the College of Engineering building at the university where I graduated, but I'd be in trouble if I had to list the location where I sat for the PE. It was a room in an office building rented out for that purpose. I know the general area, but even if I went there, I'm not sure I'd recognize it, if it's even still there.

I took the FE exam in 1979 at a junior high school that is about 4 miles from my university.

A year after I graduated and got a job in my home town, I was transferred to a city about 230 miles away. Fortunately, when I took the Civil PE exam (1983), one of the few sites the State of California used that year was a middle school that was just over a mile from where I lived then. Being so close enabled me to go home for lunch and spend time with my wife and infant daughter.

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

Ah, come on. We're all curious as to why this is so important, and plus, you're just a screen name to us, so even it we wanted to point and laugh, we can't. We wouldn't anyway; we're an understanding group. No need to be embarrassed.

I am presuming you no longer have the paperwork associated with that event. I've been fortunate and able to save everything for the FE and PE exam.

It's also possible that they did not include all the info you are needing.

Good luck finding the answer. We all hope you do. We are also all painfully curious for the reason

Please note that I’ve contacted the CA State Board and the NCEES with the same question, and they don't have that information!?!?

Can't say I'm surprised. I had to get my state board to send NCEES test scores of mine (including the SE tests) when getting a record done. And I asked NCEES (incredulously): "are you trying to tell me you don't have that info internally? It's a NCEES given test!" And the answer was that they didn't.

Beats all you never saw. (To steal a line from The Dukes of Hazard. [smile])

nobravuk said:

If nobody has this information, then nobody can really verify whether or not what you state is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back