Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FE exam forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkpavv

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2007
US
Hi,

I am an enthusiast to take FE exam this October. I am looking for forum where there is lot of activity about it going on so that would be great help in preparation.

could somebody suggest me good forum. I am going throuh the web where I found one good site for PE but not for FE.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
mkp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

for mechies the FE is just like the PE just toned down a bit, id go to that PE site.

Luck is a difficult thing to verify and therefore should be tested often. - Me

What worked for me is to get one of those huge FE study manuals and study everything. Also, I attended several free refresher courses set up by my university, the University of Arizona.

FE is different than PE. FE questions are multiple choices instead of problems that you get in PE. Altho I took these exams back in the late 70's, I suspect the format to the FE questions is the same. The best way to prepare yourself is to redo all problems that your college textbooks have from freshman to senior years. No need for a forum but you need time to prepare yourself if you have been out of college for a while.

Go for the refresher course. You will mix it up with guys from all corners of the eng profession. I learned a lot of shortcuts that way.

It is buried a little bit but if you go to EngineerBoards.com under the PE exam Prep Forum there is a PE Exam Disciplines heading and under that you can find an EIT/FE Exam forum.

The PE exam is actually now in a multiple choice format more similar to the FE, things have changed since the 70's. It is more in depth in your specialized field, where the FE is a overview of engineering basics, but some of the PE questions can be helpful in FE preparation.

I would also suggest getting a copy of the NCEES reference manual and becoming familiar with it. It is the only reference material allowed into the exam, it should be available on the NCEES website.

thanks guys,

Is it a good idea to take refresher course as it is only 1 month left for the exam.

How can I find one, as I have been searching in the web, not successful to find even one around my area.

Regards,
mkp.

Try clicking on one of the "ads by google" here right below the last thread.

As a snarky comment, it makes me wonder how much you've been looking.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

My suggestion is to get the latest equation book and study that. That way, you are not spending most of your valuable time looking for the right equation. That is what helped me the most and I went to the refresher courses and have the review book. GET THE EQUATION BOOK! It will be well worth it.

Since your last post said you are taking the FE in a month, you are likely taking it this Saturday or next I assume. At this point I would say that you still have time to cram a lot of studying in, if you can afford the time from work. I hope you got one of the thick FE study guide books, just keep going through that, but now since its so close only do the sections you have trouble on. Keep in mind what % of questions from the different areas of study are on each section.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back