Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

FEA software best suited for Sold Works and honeycomb material 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB

Mechanical
Feb 2, 2000
US
I was wondering if I could get some input on what FEA Software is best suited for Solid Works CAD Software. I also work with honeycomb walls and need input on an FEA software package that will work with this material.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use Solidworks and the best FEA software to use with it is Cosmos/Works. It is designed to work from within Solidworks. It is extremely user friendly and is accurate. I have done some manual calculations to verify the Cosmosworks results and it comes out very close. You can purchase the Cosmosworks from your Solidworks supplier.<br>
<br>
As far as your honeycomb walls, you simply input the material properties from the honeycomb manufacturer into cosmos.

I also use COSMOS FE analysis software, and higly recommend it for ease of use. I'm currently looking at CAD import from a variety of CAD packages. I currently use Rhino and have to use the IGES import, but solidworks, ProEng, and a number of other packages are supported directly. Contact Mark Harwood in the UK on 01993 883555 to give details - he's the technical guru at Desktop Engineering (UK suppliers of COSMOS products)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back