Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP element border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin

Mechanical
Feb 25, 1999
HU
How can I switch off the element border during result plotting in FEMAP?
If I use more complex model, I can not use the feature line option, because the surfaces are not hided!
Any suggestion?

Irwin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Irwin,
Go to View---Options---Category "Tools and View Styles";
select "Filled Edges" from the list box, then UNclick "Draw Entity", click "Apply".

An unrelated question to you and other FEMAP users: Since FEMAP has become part of the much larger EDS, are you concerned that it will (or has) become an unappreciated corporate stepchild, getting little attention and few resources?

In my humble opinion EDS already dropped down any effort towards FEMAP development.
Take a look to the web site, it's never updated. No service packs, patches, no integration with Solid Edge...
I've nothing against Femap developers, they've been always present and reactive when i asked support, but I have the strong feeling that those guys are left on their own without any resource (i.e. money!) to develop and let the program grow up.

Hi!

I am in a strange situation. In Hungary the EDS distributor does not know the FEMFAP. He can not help me! He always forwards my letter to the developers. Last time I told something to him and after that he said Oh sorry I forgot to gave you the newer version of FEMAP.
Maybe the problem is: I am the only user of it. (OK, some other user bought this software as NASTRAN for WINDOWS)
Normally I try to help the EDS guy to explain to the potential customers how good is this software! ;-)
I hope in the future there will be better support!
Do you know something about the future? Do they plan to develope other solvers for FEMAP?

best regards,

Irwin

Sorry I forgot! Just one more question. I tried your suggestion. i have only one problem in this case there is only a colored thing on the window, without any border. Is it possible to switch on just the feature line or free edge?

Best regards,

Irwin

Irwin wrote:

> it possible to switch on just the feature line or free edge?

Usually i workout this situation switching on the curves visualization, setting an appropriate curve color (i.e. black).
Of course this applies only if you have a geometry associated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back