Field Development Case Simulation in Pipesim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIANCH

Chemical
Aug 8, 2002
LY
Dear alls,
I face problem while running pipesim model for field development case. I connected 11 wells and one separator and three sinks. I specify the Pressure, flow rates and temperature. first thing model give warning that PQ required lesser. I tried and remove some of them and model became active and converged but results are not good. second time I remove all flows and keep pressure and temperature conditions and model converged.
My question is, if no flow conditions provided and pipesim calculate by himself then accuracy is questionable. can anyone explain how to solve this problem.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First make sure pipesim is the right tool for the job (does it do multi input networks?)
Do you have all the required modules for multi phase flow?
Then find someone who is used to running it to run your system.

Second and probably where the issue lies - check ALL you input files, PVT files etc for the flows you're putting in.
Are you using unrealistic pipe sizes or flow rates or pressures?

Why are results "not good"?? That could mean anything?

Third, contact SLB

"can anyone explain how to solve this problem."
I highly doubt it based on your (non) provided data.
This is like saying my car won't start - what could be the reason?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

PVT analysis is correct and further characterized in Multiflash before using in pipesim. flowlines size are ok, trunk line size are ok.

Ok, what about flows and pressures?

Try it in Hysis instead?

Still no nearer knowing what the issue is.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Start building slowly with a one well system, one sink and just a few flow lines and pick a constant temperature.

If you enter incompatible pressures and flows, or too many, you are probably overspecifying the boundary and hydraulic conditions.

Do you have constant pressure, constant flow wells, or are you specifying PQ curves for wells?

If you have constant flow wells, enter those flows and then only enter pressure of the sink.
If you have constant pressure wells, enter those pressures, then enter the total outflow at the sink. If you specify PQ for the wells, enter a pressure, or a flow at the sink, but do not enter both.

Let us know if you get any improvement.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

Thank you.

I hope its working out.

Its a bit counterintuitive, but building the system little by little will save you time in the end.
After you get some good experience, you can start with bigger pieces.
I like to build in modules, then save each module for future use.
It's easier to make the required modifications to a module you already know works OK, then assemble the modules together from your tested module collection.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back