Filter "Partially associated" polygon bodies from .FEM file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lastun

Structural
Dec 24, 2023
NL
Hello!

I have a .FEM file with a lot of polygon bodies and it looks like there's a problem with a few of them, because these are marked with "Partially associated" in Simulation Navigator status column.
Already tried "Partially associated geometry" filter from "Check association" command with no success.
Also searched in NXOpen .NET API reference for some kind of "Status" property for polygon bodies, also with no success.

I want to make a macro to catch these kind of polygons and group them for future manipulation.
Is there any other way I'm not aware of?
Appreciate any advice, thank you!

*Using Siemens NX9

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To me, i assume that "a polygon body is associated to a solid body and if you modify that solid, the associated polygon body should/will update" . but in this case it will not update since it's not associated.

How did it become like this ?
Does it matter ?

Regards, Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Sheet bodies were used instead of solid bodies.
I don't know when and how they become like that, I suppose it happened during the modeling process (mostly a series of Divide faces & Unsew operations to generate new sheets).
Not sure if this thing will generate errors later but at the end the model has to pass a certain list of checks: tiny edges, face intersections, spikes etc., including this associativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back