Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finite Element Transient Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliBakBak

Electrical
Jul 24, 2007
ZA
I am currently performing some transient simulations in FLUX (a finite element package released by Cedrat) with an induction motor. I have run the motor up to speed under no-load condition and everything seems to work as expected.

Now, once loading the machine with a step torque (100 Nm) by using a Transient Startup feature of FLUX I have noticed some rather strange results. I have attached two curves for you to have a look at, these are speed and Axis Torque. As you can see, there is for some reason a steady state reached and then a transient after a second or two which is then repeated along the rest of the simulation.

I have run equivalent simulations in Simulink using the built-in Asynchronous motor model built into the Simulink SimpowerSystems library, with results also attached.

Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated if you could explain to me exactly why this is happening.

Thank you.

getfile.aspx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back