Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fire Sprinkler Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob smith

Materials
Jun 12, 2020
US
Hi all, hoping someone can help me out. I have been asked to look at a daycare facility that is needing a fire sprinkler system. The facility is only a few thousand sqft but they are being required to have fire sprinklers. The main problem is that there is only a 1" domestic line coming into the building and the cost to add a new fire service would be over the top. Is there a water tank that might do the trick? I have never done one of these so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not for your case, no. Unless you're able to convince the AHJ to allow an NFPA 13D type system which they probably won't.

Bob which state are you in??

Is there a fire hydrant on site?? if no how far is the closest one??

How far is the closest city water main and what size is it?

Your client brought a high-risk fire hazard to a jurisdiction. Your responsibility, based on the local fire code, is to provide a reliable water supply. More than likely you will need to provide a static tank and water supply.

I cannot help you unless you provide the building code governing your design, the occupant load for the children (who are probably incapable of self-preservation), and the occupancy classification assigned by the architect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back