fire water tank filling withen 8 hrs. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mody2017

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2017
SA
Dear members,
i have an issue about a project that we have two fire tanks 2500 m3 each and as per AHJ requirements these tanks shall be filled withen 8 hours.
tie-in water from the municipality is 260 m3/hr.and feed pump with these flow values ( 260 m3/hr. ).
i suggest from the client to have fire truck to fill the tanks with the remaining water flow values, but he refuse this solution.
if you can help me to find another solutions, i will be very pleased.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like perfect advice with the exception of past the 8 hour fill mark, I would paint "do not overfill"

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

I believe the Owner and AHJ are looking in to NFPA 22 (2013 ed), Section 14.4.2 and asking to fill the tank in 8 hours. But if you cite Section 14.4.1.1 which clearly states that, "Where a permanent water supply is not available to refill the tank, an approved plan shall be permitted for manually refilling the tank".
In your case since your permanent source of 260 m3/hr is not good to fill the connected tanks in 8 hours, you may use the fire tankers which is manual filling allowed by above referred code section.
See if this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back