Fixing ranges in a part using Expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundeep198

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2012
NZ
Hello all,
I need to fix the ranges of a feature in a part using expressions.

Eg: Lets say i have cube of 50x50x50 and i need to have a hole of dia 5 with the position which is within 50 on one of the face, if user enters value less than = 47, its acceptable or else, the system should through error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sundeep P.
Nx 7.5.0.32

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can add a requirement to an existing expression. Open the expression dialog, choose the expression of interest, choose the "new requirement" icon (see pic), and define the requirement.

download.aspx

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks cowski for this info.
But can you please elaborate a bit.

Example: I have generated a cube model (please refer the model & bmp image in zip file - cube), my requirement is, the length should be less than 120mm, if the user enters value more than 120, the system should not accept & it should indicate an error.
I do not use TC.

Regards,
Sundeep P.
Nx 7.5.0.32

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=392324af-e733-4ec4-8cf0-f707962cbb35&file=cube.7z
If you really want a 'hard' limit to the value of an expression, in NX 7.5 your only real option is to build into the expressions some IF statements which would test and thus limit the values entered. Starting with NX 8.0, through the use of Attributes with predefined upper and lower limits, you could do it that way, but that capability is not in NX 7.5.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back