Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flip bend in ST sheet metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

onefjef

Agricultural
Jul 14, 2006
US
I have a simple sheet metal panel with one bend. I need a left and right style of this part so I've drawn one side with bend and then save a copy for the other side. I would like to flip the bend direction so it projects down instead of up but when I try to grab the bend and rotate 180 degrees with the wheel I get a face/face check failure. See the attached file.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Looks like something that ST2 sheet metal just does not support. When manipulating a flange like this by rotating or simply dragging the thickness face back on itself the geometry fails.

In this case as things are very simple, I would just delete the flange and add another which goes in the correct direction.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

This is what I was afraid of. This case is simple but if I had features on the flange I would loose those as well.

Thanks for your help.

Jef

What about mirroring the flange with the options to detach the mirrored surface. Then you can detach your original flange and finally reattach the new mirrored flange. It should do the trick.

Patrick

Yes that should work
Or very similar is to
Deatch existing flange and other geometry
Mirror it all then re-attach

There maybe also circumstances where the steering wheel can be used with the detach option set and the geomtry moved / rotated. All depends on what the final result needs to be.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back