Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Forecasts for the next years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petroleum
Jun 25, 2001
PT

What would be the forecasts for the next years in terms of industry developments and employment areas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

opsops: you are entitled to your opinions, as anecdotal and overly generalized as they seem to be.

Personally, I'd never make an assertion that one country graduates better engineers than another in purely technical terms. I've met excellent and weak engineers from both the UK and Romania and a great many other countries, which proves nothing other than that all countries generate engineers with a diversity of skills- big surprise. But I've seldom met a UK engineer who couldn't speak the English language intelligibly (at least when they're sober!) whereas I've met more than a few Romanian engineers whose English is unintelligible, to the point where they could not function in an English-speaking work group much less be put in front of an English-speaking client. I've also met Romanian engineers who had beautiful English- again, proving nothing other than that there's a diversity in this population too.

But whatever you may wish to think, language and other "soft skills" performance actually does make a difference in an engineer's job performance. That holds true even if that engineer spends most of their day doing calculations- and that's relatively rare amongst engineers who have significant amounts of work experience.

I choose 3xL size for my shirts.

I haven't gone to charm school as I run out of money, and also I didn't liked the crowd either, was not engineering material, hhahaahah,

Nevermind, now a days I make, not seek engineering jobs.

I hired, some folks in the past that went to "charm" school, but unfortunately they did not last that long.

Have fun my friend, is not about a chips on the shoulder is about weeding the good from bad....

Not about a chip on Ops shoulder

Then he's peeved about serving chips with the burgers.
The Grill Engineers position at Macdonalds obviously didnt pay him well enough for charm school.

For the Americans Chips = Fries

Soon to be, Mc Donalds will print a diploma : "Bachelor of Science in Grilling" made in USA.

nO different from all the technical colleges that make there own bachelor degrees all around the world and are now called universities.

you are likely right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back