Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format Logo Not Showing On Imported Format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mranch1

Aerospace
Jun 27, 2007
US
I am creating (NX3 on a PC) drawing formats with our new logo. I will eventually convert these format files into patterns and templates, but for now they are just NX part files.

I inserted the .jpg logo file like this: Insert > Image > Browse to .jpg file and selct it > I then resize the logo and locate it in the titleblock > Save the .prt file

I open my model file > Change application to Drafting > Import the format .prt file and locate it

The logo shows up as a empty box, but if I do an information object on it it lists as a Drafting Image as it should (Layers are on).

Can someone please help me get this logo to show correctly?

Gary Ashby
Designer
UG/NX V8 Thru NX5
SolidWorks 2007
AutoCAD 2002 & 2008

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gary,

I think improvements were made in NX-4 and am certain that what you're referring to does work in NX-5, because the out of the box drawing templates do just that. There is however only a limited amount of support for Jpegs on the face of the drawing available in NX-3 and I don't expect that it is capable of what you appear to be attempting.

Best regards

Hudson

Thanks hudson888,

You are correct, we are switching to NX5 and the import of the format part file works correctly in that version. The .jpeg file displays when the format is imported in. I just happened to be finishing up an older project in NX3 and found that the logo .jpeg file would not display properly with the new format import.

For the time being I will just swap out the incorrectly displayed logo box with an inserted logo image to get these drawings out.

Gary Ashby
Designer
UG/NX V8 Thru NX5
SolidWorks 2007
AutoCAD 2002 & 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back