Forward / Reverse Switching of Single-Phase Motor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham96

Automotive
Apr 15, 2019
LK
Hello Everyone!

I have a single-phase motor which I want to run in forward and reverse directions using a DPDT switch. The wiring diagram for both CW and CCW is shown below:
8FCACA50-F1BD-4C3D-B228-BFABBDC54187_cnye3j.jpg

Could someone please tell me how I should do this? Any help is appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Blue and yellow are the running leads, black and white are the run leads.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Thank you for sharing this valuable thread @itsmoked. My motor, however, does not have U,V,W windings. It is a very small motor (~25W) and I want to control its direction using a single switch. Any feedback on how I can do this based on the wiring diagram?

Something like the following diagram:
2FE175AE-F7A7-4B87-B29A-CE0D3C1D6D22_vzcsse.jpg

Yes @waross agree with you! Just a bit confused on how I should wire the white and black wires since they change in both diagrams.

Wrong type of motor.
The three lead reversing motor is common on actuators in the HVAC industry.
You have a four lead motor.
Google is your friend.
(Just in from a weekend of rodeo and too tired to look just now. I'm going to bed soon.)

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Dear Mr. sham96
Based on your wiring diagram, I tried to make out two alternatives, See Fig 1 and Fig 2. Hopefully, one of them would be suitable for your application/installation.
Their working principle is the same.
a)maintaining the instantaneous current through the "run"(R) winding say Yellow in to Blue out,
b) in CW rotation, the instantaneous current is through the "Capacitor" (C) to the "start" (S) winding White in to Black out,
c) in CCW rotation, the instantaneous current is through the "start" (S) winding Back in to White out and to the "Capacitor" (C) in the [reverse] direction.
Observation: rotational reversal is by (reversing) the [current flow direction through the "start" (S) winding].
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

IMG_7590_ohejbr.jpg

IMG_7589_js72bh.jpg

Wow Mr.Che! I was really hoping that you’d see this thread since you helped me last time too to figure out the wiring for the three-wire motor! It was your diagram that I had attached on this thread and this has got to be my lucky day [2thumbsup]. Thank you so much for taking your time and explaining so clearly and to everyone else who shared their opinions. Incredibly grateful for this forum!

Mr.Che I will definitely implement your wiring and see how it goes, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back