Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

founding user group for Engine Analyzer simulation software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsi

Automotive
Jul 30, 2003
FI
I am a happy user of Performance Trends Inc "Engine Analyzer Pro". I have been searching for this software specific user forum. I have not been lucky.

Does this forum have any members with said program?
Anyone interested in self created file sharing, and seeking solutions to engine modelling?

I have a few other motoring enthusiasts interested in setting up a user group forum specifically for this simulation software. Now I am looking for more people keen on this idea.

Pls write up here, or drop me a line at:
artsi_fi@yahoo.com

Thx - Artsi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My intention was to round up a small friendly group of users interested in file sharing.
This idea has sparked an interest towards setting up a forum in the net. Please do have a look here, and let's wait and see what's the outcome:

P.S. - I apologise for mixing up Eng-Tips forum with another forum, hence resulting me writing totally off the wall scramblings about Eng-Tips.

Has anyone approached Performance Trends to suggest they open their own Forum ? Or how about opening a general engine software simulation subject heading here at Eng Tips ?

I use Desktop Dyno myself, but am seriously thinking of getting Engine Analyzer Pro as a slightly more expensive upgrade.

Perfromance Trends has a forum. As much as I enjoy the software - their web forum is not as impressive. Please have a look here:
There are many ways to look at this. I know for sure that many people do prefer to see a web forum to have an independence from the manufacturer/publisher of the product in question, hence the discussion forum ought to be set & run by people not linked with Performance Trends.

Does anyone here have constrructive ideas on how to kick this thing off the ground?

You can set up and run a group here on eng-tips. Contact the admin people via the 'contact us' link at the top right of the screen. That will cost you money every month, but has the advantage that all eng-tips members will find it easily.

An alternative would be to use a free web hosting service. I've set up a forum on my own moribund discussion board

If you'd like to use that and see how it goes.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

I downloaded the demo.
Its price is very affordable comparing to other engine simulators,, how would you rate this software?

Thank you for the info

Ale58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back