Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free chlorine sensor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs

Electrical
Mar 21, 2001
US
Does anyone on this list know of a supplier of a free chlorine sensor? It needs to be able to handle Cyanuric Acid
in the solution. Hopefully reasonably priced (under $1000). I do not need the electronics.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Endress + Hauser used to have a nice one, but you're not going to hit the under $1000 mark...

Maybe someone else will prove me wrong, though!

Good on ya,

Goober Dave

E+H does have a sensor that might work. I have made enquires, but no response yet. I should add that I want a sensor that is reagentless, and of the online type.

We have recently specced a SWAN analyser-which is a swiss manufacturer- comes ready assembled, very easy to install. online approx. $5K is the ballpark figure, and this is one of the cheaper brands.

Very widely used in EU- but an excellent unit, I also asked for reference sites and contacts(operators/instrument techs- not managers), who all gave a very positive feedback.

Sorry but $1K is an unrealistic figure for a online Chlorine instrument.

It also has one of the simplest Profibus configurations I have seen for a while.

Other manufacturers inc, HACH, Siemens (formally Wallace & Tiernan), E&H, Prominent, ABB, Capital Controls. Sorry but a lot of the big players in this are european.

The acid in the solution may be a problem for most instruments. Although it will depend on what exactly the pH is and wether it is consistant. You may require pH correction probe for the analyser to give accurate feedback.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Stablefordd.
Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back