From excel to Catia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosirius

Automotive
Mar 13, 2008
RO
Hello,

I want know if there is a way to generate a excel tabel into a draw, but here is the tricky thing, i want catia to write automaticlly what is in the 3d tree.
In other words when you have a assembly design and you have numbers assigned to each part i want catia to generate a tabel with the componence of the tree. Something like bill material.

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can convert the excel file into .csv and insert it, then double click the field you want and right click to choose attribute links, switch window and pick the wanted parameter in spec tree or pick the part and find the part number.

and how do I insert a text file into a drawing?? I keep going around in circles and the closest I get is via an insert object, but this gives me an image that has to be resized and has a very sketchy quality to it...

any ideas? I want to do this via a macro...
thanx for your help

regards,
luis

you can bring the text file in Excel and then save as CSV then import in CATDrawing.

or you can make a script.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

hmmm, no azrael, I guess I didn't input you with the whole situation. I'm trying to dump the contents of a txt file into a table, via a macro, but I don't have access to excel on the workstation. for the moment I work around it by keeping all the values in arrays and then inputing them cell by cell, but it would be nice if I could just dump the whole txt file's contents into a table...
the txt is sepparated by tabs to make columns...

mmmm... I did something similiar....I think... when I didn't have excel working. If the text file of .txt format then you can change the extension to .csv and use csv import on drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back