Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTA hidden text for Flag Note 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3ob

Aerospace
Apr 28, 2004
US
I've tried using the 'Hidden Text' within the FTA flag note window which causes a text window to pop up when you place the curser on the flag note. A good way to see what the note is without having to go to the parts list to read it. Much to my surprise, while doing a review on a part in our conference rooom, I put the curser over a flag note to tell the party what it called out, and nothing. I found that if I don't have the FTA license running, and if I don't have the FTA workbench on, I don't see that text window. Is that the way it was designed??? If so, that's no good.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Activate the “3D-Annotation-Query Switch On/Switch off” commando in the Part design workbench and then you can the see the hidden text without the FTA-license. The “3D-Annotaion-Query Switch On/Switch off” commando can you find in the Annotation Toolbar in the Part design workbench.

Thanks Ocad

I had the switch on within the FTA; but, I thought that would have been modal and carried over to the other workbenches. It wasn't. Like you said, once I added that query switch to the annotation toolbar for part-design and turned it on, the hidden text was there. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back