Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GaLa reinforcement reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenkeem

Civil/Environmental
Sep 15, 2013
PH
I found a R/C analysis and design software and would like to ask your thoughts regarding this? Anyone here who had tried this software? Kindly leave your comments below. thx.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not familiar with it, but I did look at the website. Four comments, most of which are over 10 years old (and not complementary). It's apparently written around ACI 318-99, which is been superseded about four times.
My question is; "Why are you interested in such a minor player in the software market?" It seems like there are any number of programs that can design concrete columns, among many other concrete items. Just because this is cheap, doesn't mean you're saving any money.

I'm looking for a cheap easy software that allows the analysis of concrete columns. The said program is easy, free to use and could easily be understood. Though it seems the software uses ACI-99, I believe that by changing default factors of 0.7 to 0.65 for pure axial limit could make it as if your conforming with ACI-05. Changing some ACI-99 factors would allow me to conform with Philippines' latest standards in concrete design. It is obviously outdated but I think its the only thing I knew of that could perform my concrete designs faster. I'm not rich to start with and could not afford the latest designing softwares.

If perhaps you have some suggestions, kindly leave comments below... I'm looking for softwares that could generate interaction diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back