Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ge motor schematic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert1962

Aerospace
Apr 3, 2015
US
hello everyone, looks like this is the place to post my question. I have a GE Minigear motor, it has the following information on the label. Gear model 7GS002KF1UE10, motor model 5SCP10HG1s, 10 MFD Capacitor. It has 4 wires coming out of the motor, green, white, red, and blue. it's a low rpm model and that is the important factor for me. I believe it came out of a copy machine.

I want to use this on a tumbler and run a 110v 3 wire electrical cord to a typical room on/off switch, then I would guess it goes to the capacitor and finally on to the motor. I guessed at hooking up the power cord wires directly to the motor and got it to run by turning the shaft by hand. obviously I want to do this the proper way but don't have a clue as it to what wire goes where. I bought a "run" capacitor that has no polarity marking on the terminals, not sure if this is the correct one... also guessing the 4 wires might be for rotational direction but then was thinking one is hot for the motor and a second for the motor to run. Again, just don't know. Can't find a schematic and hate to toss the motor as I spent $40.00.
does anyone know where I can purchase a schematic or tell me in detail how to wire this correctly?
thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Although it's a no-no to post DIY projects here, I'll give you this and hopefully you copy is off before the Admins kill the thread on Monday.
Almost all of these little OEM gear motors are interchangeable with one another. GE got out of that business a long time ago, but those "Mina Gear" (not mini gear if you look a little closer) are now made by Hub City. Hub City unfortunately doesn't post their wiring diagrams, but Bodine, a competitor of theirs does. Chances are about 95% that yous is wired exactly the same, they do that on purpose so that they can all steal each other's customers, like in your case, Xerox.

bodine-psc-switch-connections-02_06-05-20141.jpg

"You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals" -- Booker T. Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back