Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gear assembly animation in nx 7.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not aware of any way to use Assembly Constraints so that pairs of gears can be animated, at least not directly. Besides, your attached assembly is missing some important pieces, like the Components.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

You could have saved a bunch of posts by just zipping the files up into one file and posting it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Your Assembly still won't open as it appears that you've edited the names of the Component parts. I could fix the names but I think it would be better for all of us if you fixed them yourself and started over uploading the parts.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I have to ask, what is this model being used for? It's labeled as a 'clock'. Do you work for a company that maunfactures clocks?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

"Watch" out we've got a student over here. Was my first response yesterday but didn't post it, should have don it, especially with John's clock manufacturing response... [bigglasses]

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX8.5.3 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit

I hate to say this, but I've worked out the problem and have a solution for you, but since you're a student, we are NOT allowed to assist you, particularly since you've admitted that your request for help was so that you could complete a classroom assignment, which is absolutely verboten. Note that I will not delete the work that I've done, but I can't use this forum to transfer any of that material to you. Sorry, but those are the rules and when you registered for Eng-Tips, as part of that registration, you had to agree to those 'terms & conditions'.

I will give you until morning before I 'red-flag' this entire thread and ask that it be removed.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

No John.... i am an employee of QuEST Global a service industry which has got nothing to do with manufacturing of clocks.This is the assignment(Mini Project) given to the college students to whom i am assisting.

So you're saying the YOU are not the student, but rather, part of your job is to assist students, correct? Are you acting as an instructor who is making the assignments or helping students with assignments given to them by someone else? If it's the former, then there might not be an issue here. However, if it's the latter, then there still might be a problem since the spirit of the Eng-Tips 'T & C' will have been violated, in that the Eng-Tips forums were used so as to help a student, albeit indirectly, with their 'homework'.

Once we get this cleared-up we'll see what we can do.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Do the students have access to the "motion simulation" package? If not, the assignment seems a bit silly to me. While the NX modeling/assemblies application can, to a limited degree, animate mechanical movements, that is not its primary purpose. The students' time would be better spent learning what NX is meant to do.

www.nxjournaling.com

Note that my solution does not require the simulation software but it does require that you can execute a GRIP program.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

John i am working on reverse engineering project (On Clock).I was asked to assign some work to them(students) has a mini project . They have done the modeling and assembly stuff. I know their academy doesnot teach them beyond assembly process, rest of the work i am doing like animation and all. So i am asking your help.
Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back