Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General table auto sizing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElevatorJoe

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2008
US
Hello all, I am having a problem with a general table that I have set up in a drawing template. The table has many merged cells and custom properties within it. When I go to tools/options and make a change on something or even if I don't make a change and just click ok it will expand the columns half way across the sheet. When it does this I have to manually adjust the column width in each column via right click/formatting/column width. Does anyone know what could be causing this or if there is a way to lock the size of the table? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am having this same problem. I will manually have to highlight each column and rework to adjust its width.

Any body has any simpler method?

Oh man, that sucks. So there is nothing that can be done about this? Is it possible to set up a macro to automatically adjust the size of the columns?

I did notice that if I use a revision table instead of a general table it doesn't get resized when the tool/options menu is changed. Anyone know why this could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back