Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Georgia Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARose

Structural
Mar 17, 2011
US
Question for anyone here who is licensed in Georgia (and converted over to the new SE license): when you renewed, did you see two licenses (one the "old" PE and the second the new SE)? It offers two license renewals. That confuses me because I thought your PE got "converted" to the new SE. But perhaps that is wrong.

I sent a e-mail to the Ga board....but haven't heard back yet.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I still have to renew in the next few days, but my understanding is different from yours. I don't think your license was "converted" from PE to SE. I think you are now essentially dual licensed as a PE and as an SE. Two separate licenses and 2 separate renewal fees.

I (my company) renewed both. There was some blurp in the SEAOG newsletter that left us with the impression you needed to renew both. Of note, they have also switched to a yearly renewal period and they are charging more now, to cover the board changes. They did also offer the carrot that they were considering some type of fee break for dual license holders. We came to the conclusion that it was a bit of a money grab.

Yeah, I noticed it's now a annual renewal. Will be interesting to see what the fee is next year (probably the same, if not more).

I renewed both my PE and the more recently created SE license. It showed up as two separate licenses requiring renewal. That's two renewal fees. Oh well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back