Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global and Local Origin in Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gpathy

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2015
US
Hello All,

I'm fairly new to VBA macros in CATIA. I've been trying to build a macro to automate section creation and export (without having to use the SPA license). The idea is: you open a Product, you select a plane, and the macro creates a section of the Product at the given plane, and exports it as Sketch(es) in a separate Part file. The trouble I'm having is: this would ONLY work if the Part containing the above-said plane has the same origin as the Root Product.

My question: Is there a method of finding the position of a plane in a Part, whose origin is different from the origin of the Root Product?

None of the usual suspects work: Measurables, GetPostion, etc. only yield the position of the plane from a Local origin, and not a Global origin. Please help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

that's why we have matrix algebra so we can multiply and add matrices...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

It's weird. I got the GetComponents method in Product.Position to work. It didn't work for me yesterday.

yesterday was not a good day!

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back