Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Globe Control Valve Manufacturer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemo

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2003
TR
Hi ,

I am looking for a globe control valve manufacturer for general service expect Masonelian , Fisher , CCI , Flowserve and Samson.
Anyone can tell me some brands?
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi mgas

thank you very much for your usefull reply.
Could you please let me know if the weir valve company is more commercialy attractive than Tyco , Fisher or Masonelian if you can make a comparison?

Hello again - I accidentally hit the send button before including the name of Samson controls - they are a world wide entity - I have procured from them in the past & found them competitive cf. the others nominated - good luck - TG

Severn Glocon, Valtek (Flowserve), Spirax Sarco, ARI, Valve Solutions, Unival that's all the additional ones I can think of.
There are a couple of valve manufacturers trade association that can help you depending where you are in the world. In the UK the BVAMA is your start point.

Fog Jones

Hi Wolfbrandt ,

I ve been looking for a control valve manufacturer for general servcie.
CCI is a mfc. mostly for severe service valves.However they are one of the best mfc. in the market for high-end applications espicaly for power plants.

Thank you for your answer cemo,

There is a company in Sweden called Somas, they might have what you was looking for, even if I thing that BTG (a swedish CCI company) has the RIGHT product for you =).

br,
Johnny Wolfbrandt
CCI Valve Technology AB
66100 Säffle
Sweden

Yes but that Hammel Dahl valve isn't so old anymore. Didn't Jamesbury pour all kinds of money in that product to develop one common body for post guided screwed in seat ring, post guided cage retained seat ring and cage guided cage retained seat ring allowing a user to significantly reduce their spare parts requirement? That design also has costant bore constant stoke in the cage guided valves. This means if you want to make a trim change the only part you replace is the cage. The seat ring, plug, stem and actuator can all be reused. Its probably the most modern globe valve design in the market place today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back