Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Go straight to Class Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

REnright

Automotive
Aug 8, 2006
US
I believe this started with NX3. When you try and blank,transform, or pretty much anything else that requires a class selection you get this little box now(NX3). Where as before you would straight to the class selection box. Is there anyway to get this back and skip that crappy little box. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Goes away??? Now what the heck did they do. I did some beta training on NX5 awhile back,, don't remember missing the class select. I know the way you click the mouse has been changed. Like selecting OK used to be the middle mouse and the first button was to pick thru. What a pain in the neck to change a 10 yr old habbit.

The change in MB1 and MB2 was in Quick Pick, which is not really a Class Selection issue, although if used properly, it can allow you to make the correct selection without having to toggle a bunch of class selection options.

As for the change made in the mouse button actions in NX 4, this has been hashed out for months on the UGS BBS and the bottom line is that it's been wrong for "10 years" but now it's more logical and consistant. True, even BAD habits are hard to break, but...

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Product Line
UGS Corp
Cypress, CA

It has just been brought to my attention that we have an 'undocumented' environment variable that will force the use of the Class Selection Dialog in place of the so-called "crappy little box". I tested this and it works with NX 3 (and it's supposed to work with NX 4 as well. Of course, it will have no effect on NX 5 as it would then be a moot point).

What you need to do is add an environment variable, either to the System Profile, or if you're using a .bat file, there, or you can always add it to the 'ugii_env.dat'.

The variable is as follows:

NX_FORCE_CSD=1

I hope this helps.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Product Line
UGS Corp
Cypress, CA

THANK YOU,,,I have about 14 guys who want to thank you. The fix worked. Although,,,one guy did want his "crappy little box" back. Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back