Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good books for an entry-level acoustic/vibration engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jli

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2001
AU
Hi,

It would be much appreciated if anyone of your experts could kindly suggest me some good books for an entry-level acoustics/vibration engineer focusing on practical applications of acoustics/vibration theories and techniques.

I am particularly interested in topics such as testing, data acquisition and signal processing, noise and vibration control and numerical modelling and simulation.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here are some references:

1. W. Thomson, Theory of Vibrations With Applications, Second Edition, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1981.

2. D. Steinberg, Vibration Analysis for Electronic Equipment, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1988.

3. Cyril Harris, Shock and Vibration Handbook, 4th edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1995.

4. R. Blevins, Formulas for Natural Frequency and Mode Shapes, R, Krieger, Malabar, Florida, 1979.

5. Lawrence Kinsler et al, Fundamentals of Acoustics, Third Edition, Wiley, New York, 1982.

6. Alton Everest, The Master Handbook of Acoustics, Tab Books, Blue Ridge Summit, PA, 1981.

7. Himelblau, Piersol, et al., IES Recommended Practice 012.1: Handbook for Dynamic Data Acquisition and Analysis, Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology, Mount Prospect, Illinois.

In addition, I have posted some vibration tutorials at:

As disclosure, a subscription is required to access the materials at this site.

Tom Irvine

Look at the thread entitled "Vibration Engineer."

thread384-1636

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back