Graphical issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauhouse

Automotive
Jan 21, 2024
US
Hi,

I have a ThinkPad workstation laptop (P50s) with an Nvidia GPU (Quadro M500M) and its standard Intel integrated GPU. I'm running NX11.

PROBLEM: I was modeling a structural frame and as soon as I added some hardware (nuts & bolts), the shading/surfacing went... I don't know what it is called, but the shaded surfaces aren't uniform. They are jagged and mix up nearby colors with nearby parts as if parts are overlapped, but they aren't (i.e. It's just one part.). Then I noticed the rest of the frame structure now also exhibits the issue. The file is not large (i.e. Only ~4Mb.).

Screenshot_1_xrzsts.jpg

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
1) I've played with all of the VISUAL PERFORMANCE SETTINGS in NX to no avail.
2) I looked at the Nvidia Control Panel and noticed that it was set to Integrated Graphics, so then I switched to HiPerf Nvidia, but that didn't help.
Pics of settings from Nvidia Control Panel...
Screenshot_4_gsdkpf.jpg
Screenshot_2_edezrl.jpg
Screenshot_3_lc8s1u.jpg

3) Then I looked at the Windows Display Settings and noticed the displays are set using the Intel Integrated GPU even though I just selected Nvidia Quadro in previous action. See pics below...
Screenshot_5_ejndbw.jpg
Screenshot_6_hhl4fh.jpg

Is there a name for this graphical condition?
Is it due to the Intel vs Nvidia GPU choosing?
How may I eliminate it so the viewing is better?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the Nvidia control panel -> manage 3D settings, the information icon is telling you that the Windows OS is controlling the selection of the graphics processor. On the same screen, there is a "program settings" tab; open that and you will be able to set NX to always use the Nvidia processor. Alternately, you could make the Nvidia processor the global default, but that would probably need to be done in the Windows settings. Note that the integrated graphics chips are usually less power hungry. If you often use your laptop on battery power, you might want to only use NX on the Nvidia processor and use the integrated graphics for everything else.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back