Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphical View Selector [NX 7.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljbutler

Aerospace
Nov 20, 2013
US
So, I've been playing around with Solidworks 2014 for some personal projects at home and I came across a feature for View Selection where you hit Ctrl + Space and it brings up a little animation where you can select whatever view of the model you want.

6a00e5510582dd8834019aff134dfe970c-pi

I work with NX 7.5 at my job and was wondering if it had something similar? I doubt it does, but it's been such a useful feature at home, I'd love to use it at work as well.

Thanks!
-LJB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, there's nothing like that in NX, but since many, if not most, NX users also have Spaceballs, I suspect that the use of 'standard' views is not a big deal. Besides, all you have to do is get close and hit 'F8' or select the face that you want to see displayed normal to the screen and hit 'F8'. Or you can simply go to the View Orientation pallet:

viewpallet_zps56391156.png

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Yeah, I'd been using F8 for a while now, which is fine, but sometimes I just want that quick off to get right there.

I have been using a spaceball, but I've just been too lazy to bind any orientations to it, yet. I may invest a little time in that.

Thanks, John!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back