Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Gravity on fluid cavity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimAero

Agricultural
Nov 28, 2023
NL
Currently I am working on a model for a hydrogen tank in Abaqus (Abaqus/CAE 2020). I would like to use the fluid cavity interaction to model the hydrogen. When I tried to apply gravity to the model, the fluid in the cavity is not taken into account to calculate the gravitational loads. Also I get a warning; 'In this type of analysis one would normally expect that a density for material fluidcavityprop would be defined'. I have however added a density to the FluidCavityProperties, I checked and it is present in the CAE, in the keyword editor and in the input file (Abaqus/CAE 2020). Where did I go wrong? I have attached a very simple shell-box model to show the issue. Please note that I have set the density of the box itself to 0 such that the presence of the weight of the fluid is abundantly clear in the results.
Thank you in advance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5c0c7f30-8c24-478e-a477-fb71cab1c2d4&file=TestFluidGravity.inp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you know an other way to model fluid/gas in a cavity under gravity load? I don't want to go into adaptive meshing with CPE4R elements or CEL techniques. since this is a bit of over kill to the problem at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back