Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Greaseless TFE Leadscrews in cleanrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjellin

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2001
US
I am looking for greaseless leadscrews for use in semiconductor cleanrooms. There telfon coated leadscrews (specifically I have used in the past leadscrews made from Kerk Motion Products). Greased leadscrews have been used at my current job in the past, but for ease of maintence, I want to switch to greaseless. I'm curious if anybody has used them in the cleanroom, and if you can tell me about how "clean" they are (especially compared to a greased screw).

Thanks,
Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try looking into a material called Turcite for the lead screw bushing. In the past, I have removed the metallic bushings that are used in typical leadscrews and replaced them with Turcite, which is a self-lubricating polymeric material. The big advantage is that you do not have to lubricate them and they will run on a typical metallic leadscrew. I believe that you can qualify Turcite for class 100-1000 cleanroom applications.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back