Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid code Compliance Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkraftforum

Electrical
Jan 5, 2009
SE
Hi!
In Sweden we have requirements regarding stability in production plants. See attached file.

The owner of the plant must ensure that the production plant meets the requirements. The requirements in Sweden doesn´t say how to verify the requirements. How is it in other countries? Do you have these kind of demands? Describes the demands how to measure, do models and simulations to verify the demands?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Looks pretty standard stuff. Normally the principal contractor for the station will carry out most of those tests during commissioning as part of the consent to connect to the grid.

The tests are typically carried out on the plant or at the manufacturer's works, although obviously it is not possible to directly carry out some tests. In those instances temporary changes may need to be made to simulate the grid conditions: for example changes can be made to gas turbine control software in order to test how the engine responds to a falling grid frequency. The test method usually has to be agreed with the grid operator's engineers.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Thank you mr Scotty!
In my case the manufacturer refuses to carry out most of those tests during commissioning, cause it´s not in the contract. I would say it is in the contract but that is another question.
What is the requirements regarding stability in production plants in UK? What I realy need is a test protocol from such a test. I have already done both testings and Simulations to verify the Swedish requirements but it would be nice to se how other countries do the tests. I think that the plant Where I work is the first or the second in Sweden to do such tests. The Swedish demands is from beginning of 2006.

It is strange not to have this as mandatory requirement in your contract, it is standard. Check your contract carefully.
Netherlands has a strict test procedure in their Grid Code.
If you have to pay extra to get this done for interconnection it will be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back