Grillage model for box girder bridge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSR_1

Civil/Environmental
Aug 9, 2016
ET
Hello guys,
Is there any resource to see how to model a box girder bridge using grillage method? All the resources I come across are extremely theoretical, could you Please send me practical once.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello, I have looked into the book and I wanted to check how to apply it to my project. This is what I am planning:

1. Build a longitudinal grillage model. The box section would be divided into I sections for the interior and Sort of C section for the edge webs. The centroid of the individual beams should be equal to the centroid of the whole section. In case shear lag governs the width of the flange should be reduced to reflect so.cross beams would be modeled using the equivalent stiffness of the top and bottom slab. This covers the longitudinal model.
2. What I understood from the book is that two types of transverse models should be developed. One is shear rigid and the shear area of the transverse member is taken fully. The other is shear flexible and this is the case of wide box girders.

My confusion is on the transverse model. The first one is, does my take on constructing two models, i.e, shear flexible and shear rigid correct? The second question is, it isn't allowed to load the slabs in shear flexible model, so load is assigned to the joints, from where do we bring and assign this load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back