Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grip programs that are still useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadmantools

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2009
US
Looking for grip source code that you are willing to post that is still useful.

NX6.0.5.3 mp07, Windows XP 64-bit,Team Center 8.3
Running cad straight out of the box is OK but, a system tuned with application software is the best way to increase productivity.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just do a search of this forum using the word "GRIP". You'll find several threads where there is at least one or two attached GRIP source files.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

I have searched in the past but was looking for code that has not been posted and a way to collect all that have been posted in a single location.
John, you must have quite a bit of code due to your professional history that would be of interest to others.

Running cad straight out of the box is OK but, a system tuned with application software is the best way to increase productivity.

And if anyone would be willing to act as its custodian, I would be glad to forward my library of source files to them as I no longer have access to NX so it's not possible for me to maintain them in any meaningful manner.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

John, I still currently use nx for work and prefer to write code with grip.
Also have developed a tool kit of subroutines which I use to speed up the development of other programs. I would appreciate to see what someone else has done using the language. Sometimes the hardest thing is to come up with ideas of problems to work on.

Cowski, I have written a lot of routines to simplify and maintain company cad standards and many specialize engineering applications.
My background is not in the cam area but with design although I have helped support personnel in that field to understand nx and its use.

You may be referring to the grip library programs which are not very useful with current functionality of nx.
I have written 100's of grip programs but are looking to see what others have created and get ideas for new helpful solutions.
Currently working on a program to handel expressions.

John: What requirements are needed to be the custodian of your library of source files.
How much data and how would it be transferred?

Well first I've got to find them (I copied them to a DVD-ROM before I retired) but that will have to wait as my wife and I are currently on a 3+ week long vacation (do you still call it a vacation if you're retired) and won't be back until just before Labor Day.

Let me find the files and see how many their are and I'll let you know.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Well on about the vacation
you have two mind turning

1 vacation = squared(retirement) high mind
2 vacation = squared root(retirement) less high mind

Does anyone have any grip source files that work with expressions?

Cadman, are you still running NX6 ?!
Is there a good reason for this ?

GRIP is still a wonderful thing capable of things i doubt can be done in other languages...,
I use it in NX10 in this little program :

"
&TEXBOX=&YES
DRAW/ALL

HALT
"

It will when executed draw a box around all freestanding notes. ( does not work on tables)
It will also draw a box around an "empty" note which is the point here.
When defining drawing templates, quite few notes are or will be mapped to an attribute, example: DB_PART_NAME=12343-01
But if that attribute is empty,(DB_PART_NAME= ) it will produce an invisible/ non-selectable note.
- until i run this GRIP program, then there will be a small box drawn.
( Trying to move such note is impossible since i cannot select it, and simply entering a value to the attribute is impossible since the attribute is owned/controlled by Teamcenter.
- I really should write an ER to GTAG about this catch 22 condition but as long as my old GRIP works...)

When done correcting / mapping / moving, i run this :

"
&TEXBOX=&NO
DRAW/ALL

HALT
"

Regards,
Tomas

Still running NX6 where I currently contract at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back