Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Haestad Methods Stormcad Pros/Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamL

Civil/Environmental
Mar 11, 2003
US
The design firm I work for is currently looking for a stormwater modeling program to do stormwater design and analysis. We are currently looking at Stormcad, but haven't ruled out other programs. I was wondering if anyone with experience in Stormcad and other software has any input? I have used Engenious Stormshed in the past. Thanks

Sam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used version 1.5 for storm drain hydraulic analysis, but not for the hydrology. Simple program, and seems to work fine. I have used Los Angeles County software also for storm drain and channel analysis. It has it's limitations - such as single barrel pipes only - but very powerful. Advantages of Stormcad are the windows interface, graphic and customized tabular output. We generally use HEC1 for hydrology or spreadsheets for rational method analysis; HEC2 or HECRAS for channel analysis; HY8 or culvert-master for culverts.

I had been using the Haested Stormcad program since the mid 90's and recently upgraded to their newest version. Many of the feature changes were welcome and I find the program much more efficient than it was.

I agree with cvg about StormCAD's user interfase. I am using the AutoCAD version myself and it is great to be able to work in this powerful drafting environment.

My StormCAD version is 4.0 and the multiple barrel feature is already implemented in this version. I believe the newest versions (4.5?) have lots of new improvments in the profiling capabilities.

Hydrocad. Intuitive, flexible, inexpensive.
Does not integrate with Acad, but the newest version can place a bitmap behind the diagrams. I've used it for years and think it's perfect for my needs. Download a demo copy and give it a try.

TCEbob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back