Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hahney's formulas from the "Log Span Tables" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfi

Structural
Oct 20, 2002
US
Hello to all. I hope everyone one is doing well. I am searching for Hahney's formulas for Log Span Tables. I searched on line and came back empty handed. Does anyone know where I can get a copy for this nice book?

Regards,
Lutfi

Regards,
Lutfi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lutfi... not able to find a copy, but found this site. It has numerous grades of uncommon lumber. Do you have a listing of the formulae involved... I may be able to do up an SMath program:

Output

Clipboard01_vd7tz2.jpg

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Does anyone know what Hahney's formulae are? I assume the values are working stress design. [ponder]

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

@DIK, thanks. I found this web site a while back. It is not what I am looking for though. I want to add the book to my library.

Regards,
Lutfi

@BAretired, thanks. That is a helpful application that I have known about for a while. However, it is not what I am looking for. I need the book for my library.
For design of round logs, using Florida Cypress, I check stresses by hand and I also use EnerCalc which allows me to add Cypress mechanical properties into its data base. I then run the design, using Cypress entered properties, as sawn lumber sections that are less than or equivalent to the log sectional properties.

Thanks, again.

Regards,
Lutfi

thanks BART... but I don't know what formulae they are using... else I would have written up an SMath program to do the trick. That's why I asked if someone knew what Hahney's formulae are. I don't know if he uses the full section modulus and moment of inertia based on the 'full' cross section or how he calculates horizontal shear stresses. [ponder]

-Dik

Sorry... Lutfi... didn't know that. It doesn't seem to be available, out of print, or whatever.

-Dik

Thanks, BART. It calculates the section properties based on the round, or slightly flattened section.

-Dik

@robyengIT, you get a star! It never showed upon my search at amazon or eBay. It is available form the the Canadian Amazon. It is already ordered.

Thanks to all for your help.

Regards,
Lutfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back