Hard to find Press Relief ValveASME-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenB

Mechanical
Oct 24, 2003
US
Gentlemen. Any one knows where I can find an ASME-I special service >1,000 PPH,
Saturated Steam at 3,000 PSI for a small steam Generator. I tried AG Crosby who do not have it, now I'm waiting for Farris in hope of a good answer. Thanks. GenB.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

GenB Please advise where you are located. I will then suggest further. Looks like you need a very small valve with those conditions. Please verify flow rate since you indicate higher than 1000 PPH. Also, do you really need ASME I with 3 % overpressure ? Is your unit stamped also ?

Hello aValveman. I'm in Los Angeles Califronia USA.
Yes ASME I with 3 %
Flow Rate is 1000 pph
(It can be at higher flow since its a compliance matter).
Connections: any available weld-butt, flange Cl2500,
Unit will be stamped ASME-I

GenB Your main issue here is relatively low flow and high pressure sat steam which puts you in the 700 °F mark. A small orifice size is required, so much that the smallest normally available will be leading to valve chatter. However, ASME I also allows pilot valve technology but temp may be an issue. I think that sales people are declining on this basis. Give Pentair a call (formerly Tyco but home of Crosby), in TX.(281) 274-4400. Suggest you ask for Ores Masnyk or the power team. Hope that helps. Maz from UK

Gentlemen. Thanks for all your effort.
Chatter: I believe that if the valve ever opens at 3,000 psi and so low amount of steam that it will bring the pressure below 2,000 psi and will not reopen for a while since the boiler will take a long time to recover.
I may be wrong since I'm not a Valve Man.
I did try Crosby rep and no answer. They do have a 1.1/4 inch suitable valve on the catalog.
I will keep trying. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back