Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having problems cutting on second half of sheet !!!! 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
We have an Amada F0 3015 Laser and we have issues with the second half of the sheet, with Aluminum the cut starts to blister up and wont cut at all, with steel it appears to cut but the bottom welds its self together. we have had Amada techs tell us it was a problem coming from the resinator so they messed with that and the problem is still there . they have come out to clean our mirrors and nothing changes finally we have replaced all internal mirrors and external mirrors and the problem is still there but it comes and goes sometimes we cut great and other times we cant cut anything, has any body had this problem with any laser? if so how did you fix it??? Thanks Alot we have no one to turn to not even Amada!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yes we have weve done numerous Base Focus checks, we tried following Amada cutting conditions, Nozzle gaps, focal points and theme seem to work great when they cut ther little tiny whole in square test but then well try to run a full sheet of our parts and eventually the problem comes back

Yeah we have checked gas pressure the only thing that seem to work was boosting the power up but when cutting some materials were already at 4,000 watts cant go up from there

i dont think this is due to contamination of any dust LASERNINJA, once the cut gets lost on the second half of the sheet if we cut another sheet right after that it will cut fine until it reaches the second half, we have thought maybe a pinched line that only gets pinched when it reaches the second half but thats just a guess

Wow, Sound like a super cool problem. Not for you, but I am easily entertained...

Things that may be in question.

Beam alignment
Adaptive optic settings / function,
Tracking of the z-sensor (nozzle gap)
and the hoses or maybe cables you mentioned.

Is it night and day? Once you cross 60" it goes to heck or is there a transition zone? Is it the side of the sheet closest to the oscillator or shuttle table?

ther is no transition it just looses the cut and on the next sheet it will start loosing its cut again on the exact same part, it looses the part on the side closest to the oscillator

can you manually move the head back and forth over the transition point while letting the assist gas out and see if you hear a change in pressure at the head? Have you tried programming the sheet backwards to start cuttin gin the area where it goes to hell?

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

If you cut starting from the other side of the sheet, do you have the same problem; meaning it cuts fine at first; then cuts bad on second half?
If it's the same, then the problem is time related. If it's cutting bad right away, then the problem is location based.

If it's time related, could be a cooling issue, or maybe a power sensor issue (you can disable the sensor as a test).
It it's location based, could be a cable as mentioned in other posts.

What chemical are you using in your chiller water?

What purge system do you have for the optical path? Could you try to use nitrogen in bellows as a test?

How does the B-axis (AO) Optic work? we been having some time related issues, I am swapping that optic out because most everything else has been changed. seems to me if the pressure controller that controls that optic got iffy, it could be a very hard problem to nail down.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

LaserSpyder said:
we have thought maybe a pinched line that only gets pinched when it reaches the second half
This was my first thought...

Foostrap said:
If you cut starting from the other side of the sheet, do you have the same problem; meaning it cuts fine at first; then cuts bad on second half?
If it's the same, then the problem is time related. If it's cutting bad right away, then the problem is location based.
And this was the first test I was going to suggest running...

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

thanks to everybody I havent tried to start cutting from the other end this was a suggestion i made but was over looked but now that Im starting to do some of our nesting myself im going to definitely going to try this! ill check out the other suggestions you guys made, I only have about 5 months behind the laser so im not to experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back