Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having trouble with trimming to a curve then aligning

Status
Not open for further replies.

connorsfc

Chemical
Mar 23, 2011
US
Hi
I'm still somewhat of a rookie with NX, so apologies if the question is really easy.

I have an offset hole that is coming into the outer body at 35 degrees, I'm trying to place a inlet tube into that hole (which I've had no problem doing). I can't seem to get the tube to be either trimmed in a way so I can face blend the inner side of the outer body with the inlet tube. I've tried just using a simple datum plane, but that doesn't seem to work. I can't seem to get a datum plane to follow the inside curve of the outer body, even if I do it completely separate from the assembly.

If I use an extrusion to subtract the portion, it won't let me use some of the assembly contraints.

Any advice?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Without the actual parts there is little that can be done in terms of suggestions. It would just be guessing and speculation as what you've actually got.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Could you provide the assembly as well as a better description of exactly what it is that you're attempting to model. The original image is very ambiguous.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back