Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hazard Area Classification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick82

Electrical
Jun 10, 2016
US
I am an electrical engineer for a small engineering consulting company. More and more of the projects I have been taking on involve hazardous area classification and placing electrical equipment within Class I Division 1/2 locations. While I have a basic understanding of it, I would like to further my knowledge and find a good training program on the subject which teaches how a person can go about classifying areas.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good training programs or courses that can be taken for hazard area classification? Is there any certification I can get?

Thanks,
Nick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ISA

1. Here's a $20 paper from ISA: A Common Sense Approach to Hazardous Area Classification for Electronic Instrumentation - SAFETY 2003

summary:
This paper is intended to present a practical and common sense approach to determining the proper hazardous area classification of a manufacturing or process facility.

Link

2. Two day course: Applying Instrumentation in Hazardous (Classified) Locations (ES10)
es10

Thank you both for the recommendations. I will explore these options further to see which might be the correct path for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back