Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headed Studs in Tension 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I have a project that has a couple of headed studs on a baseplate for a guard attachment. They are in proximity to eachother (4"). Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to determine the tensile capacity. Or point me to something I can quickly use. Alternatively if someone can point me to a paper that addresses this. I've done an internet search and am saturated with the amount on non-useful information.

thanks Dik

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks... picked up a copy and have printed out the example problems...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Hi Dik
check your email ..
Also Highly admire your works ... you give us a good research idea

Yes, ACI addresses this, per my comments above. Based on some of the other responses, I'm guessing the question might be specific to Canadian requirements, and perhaps then ACI isn't applicable?

Thanks... there are a bunch (binary term for PC) of others on this site that I hold in high regard.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Our CSA A23 for concrete closely reflects the ACI requirements.

-----*****-----

-Dik

The Simpson Anchor design program does these, and their report has code references directly in it which I find way easier to follow than Profis. It will check the baseplate thickness as well with FEA against its yield strength as well if you require that.

1_z6axl7.png

You can add the loading as a moment if that is the case as well if you require.

Not necessary... loads are too small and BAR 3/8 is lots... thanks, though. FEA is overkill unless you have 1000 of them...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back