Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

hello everyone, can you help me how

andi93

Mechanical
Sep 26, 2024
ID
hello everyone, can you help me how to editing the solid body from file stp, I need to adding the thickness 0.6mm
11_sl34ds.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried the synchronous tools in NX. You may have to delete the fillets and recreate them after you try using offset surface or these types of commands.

Like SDETERS mentioned, I'd try Synchronous 1st.
Optimize face, but use the selection to pick the body Faces, Then offset the single face.
If the geometry is clean it should move and adapt the blend faces.

if not? untrim the flat face you want to move, offset it your distance and re-blend

Hello,

if You still have problem try this:
- draw extrude rectangle (or other shape) to red faces (and a little to left and right of red faces).
- replace one of side faces of your cuboid with face to offset.
- offset replaced face at 0.6 mm
- substract cuboid from main body
- add blends.

Best regards

MANok
NX2027
TC 14

Thanks guys for the solution,
I've tried using synchronous tools also like SDETERS and Rob_N mentioned, with this method I did it, but I am not sure that the fillet still the same as before, it has forbidden to change the radius, any suggest ?

MrtZcn81 : I've tried your method, like select only one face and also all face, but still cannot do
1_z2dqdi.png

MANox : can you give me a video, that similar with you suggests ?

Thank you guys, FYI, last week I tried to get new job as design engineer, and the test is like this one, and I failed, because I cannot add the thickness of the surface without change any radius/blend
I really want to know how to do that.

It will be a bit of a forced method, but I would do it like this: first I copied the surface that was just the radius with "extract surface". I would delete the variable radius with the 'delete surface' - 'blend' option. I would assign a larger variable radius by referencing the copied surface.

Back