Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hello everyone, Looking for help 2

Sherwin01

Civil/Environmental
Sep 27, 2024
PH
Hello everyone,

Looking for help in finding what code/manuals etc. are acceptable to use for designing a 31' Street Light foundation reinforcement.

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

where are you ? ... country, state

"Wir hoffen, dass dieses Mal alles gut gehen wird!"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

If you are in the US, you may want to take a look at AASHTO Signs and Luminaries specification document. The required code will depend on project location and whether the light is on private property or public street, however the document is a great resource either way, especially if you are familiar with US codes.

lex said:
Please change the post title to reflect the street light pole foundation question, that way somebody in 2064 can find it

Lex, do you think people in 2064 will still be complaining about the layout of this website?

There are people noting that a copper sale went bad 3700 years ago. I certainly won't trust Ea-Nasir, a Sumerian merchant, for my copper needs.

Hi everyone, sorry I just recently made this account. I find this website a little bit confusing to use. But I see this is very informative platform so I tried. I am Civil Engineer from the Philippines but I am not familiar with the US Code, specifically on the Los Angeles, California. I saw another post regarding this and found out that they use "AASHTO LRFD Specifications For Structural Supports For Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, 1st Edition". Thanks for your help! I am glad that you find my post in year 2024. Haha

Hello again everyone, I'm done reading the "AASHTO LRFD Specifications For Structural Supports For Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, 1st Edition" but I haven't seen any topics related to reinforcement calculation for the foundation (Drilled Shafts). Since it is in fact a specification I think it should be PE stamped, which means that it is necessary to be engineered. Is it allowed to use the typical reinforcement details in the Red Book at Los Angeles, California?

Back