Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Help changing direction electric phase 1 motor

GHawk3798

Electrical
Oct 5, 2024
US
I purchased a machine from China and they must have wired up the motor wrong because the pulley wheel is running counterclockwise when I need to it to run clockwise to properly work the machine. I’ve done a little research on Google but want to make sure I get this right and don’t fry the motor so I took some pics and would appreciate anyone who knows for sure what I need to do to change the direction telling me what I need to do.

As you can see in the pics there is a blue and white capacitor, the blue one is noticeably larger than the white although I can’t see the numbers on either id have to pull them out and they appear to be anchored in with some sort of adhesive foam.

Both capacitors have a blue and brown wire.

Across the top row the terminals (if that’s the correct term) are labeled from left to right V2 U2 Z2

The bottom row from left to right are Z1 V1 U1

The blue wire from both capacitors is hooked to Z1.

The brown wire from the white smaller capacitor is hooked to V1 and the brown wire from the larger blue capacitor is hooked to v2.

I read something about “switching the Z connections” but I wasn’t sure if that meant to switch one of the blue wires to Z2 or both of them or if that was wrong completely.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_5739_inyrie.jpg
IMG_5738_aph7hl.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a site for working professionals. We occasionally help advanced amateurs bjut in your case too much basic information is mmissing.
Take it to a shop or hire an electrician.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

@ Mr GHawk3798 (Electrical)(OP)6 Oct 24 01:26
'..I purchased a machine from China and they must have wired up the motor wrong because the pulley wheel is running counterclockwise when I need to it to run clockwise to properly work the machine..'
1. Please show the connection on the name-plate, any circuit diagram in the manual or any other information you have. I am able to make the translation from Chinese to English.
2. It does NOT matter whether it is in the traditional or the simplified Chinese, prevalent in the mainland of China.
3. I had done it in this forum, some one who request to order a book in Chinese and did a simple translation from Chinese to English.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

Blue and yellow wires go to run winding.Red and black go to the start winding through the centrifugal switch and capacitors.

To reverse the motor rotation, switch the blue and yellow wires relative to the black and red wires.

Back