Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help cutting 10 gauge gal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meps11

Materials
Nov 4, 2016
CA
Hi all I cut is gal and been using MS condition settings using 7.5 lens and 1.7 nozzle with shop air or N2 any one cutting 10 gauge MS if so can you tell me what your settings are? Using a Mitsubishi 3015 no conditions in the machine for 10 gauge go everything else. been playing with the focus or gap and doesn't seem to be getting any ware THX

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am talking about Galvanized ! If you have conditions for 10 gauge mild steel that would help? I can change my nozzle size but only have 7.5 lens thx any help would be grate ??

l_bcjl0y.jpg
you are running my exact set up. i will post a pic of what re run with N2. Sit tight.

Thx hookie I will try that on Monday this will defiantly help .All I cut is galv. So just using mild steel setting then adjusting as I go. Right know cutting 14 gauge .at 2800 power 2000 FreQ 90 duty 200 in/min 12 gas pressure N2 gas -0.04 focuse 0.04 nozzle gap .will send you pic of screen on Monday Your screen little bit different thx again for the help .

good deal, yeah your screen is different for sure lol. i was going to tell you that you might have to tweak the focus a little but otherwise it should be close

Hookie and or Meps,

Do you guys have setting for 16 GA Galvanized? For some reason every time I go back to my settings, that were near perfect a week ago, I cannot cut without major burrs on the thru side. If you could post your cut conditions for 16 GA it would be appreciated. I cut both Galvanized and Galvanneal. Also i am using an Amada FO-3015 Laser. 4000 W

Thank you much.

Fabprohelp : I cut 16 GA Galvanized All the time with a 3015 Mitsubishi I will get you some pic of my screen tomarrow and I will get both with air and N2. Also galvanized will leave some dross underneath try to raise your focal point.

Fabpro: I have to settings for you .This one is for N2 . 2700 watts 2500 frequency 99 duty 220 feed rate 0 offset 10 gas psi -0.04 focus 0.04 nzl gap. This for AIR 2700 watts 2500 frequency 99 duty 220feed rate 0 offset 6.5 gas psi 0.02 focus 0.04 nzlgap . This is using 7.5 lens with 1.7 nozzle.Two pics. Hope this helps.

Meps11, when you are saying gas pressure. Do you mean 10 PSI or 1.0 MPa? Because I cannot see how .06 MPa could possibly get through your material especially at 220 in/min

if you use mitsubishi then just take tehnology for ss and lens 5,little bit more freq for galvanized steel....thats all

sry you must tell me ticknes in mm

FABPRO: Sorry that was 10 MPa you can also use mild steel conditions. I run Mitsubishi 3015 EX-S series. SS conditions work but not good piercing time to long .But I still only use a 7.5 lens

Sorry I was away from my computer. I use the same setting for both 16ga ss and galv. But I run everything with a 7.5 lens. I can get a pic of the settings Monday. It's an fo 3015 so it should get a good reference point. If you want to email me just shoot it to andy@americanrampcompany.com

Hookie1985
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back