Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP:License error

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAZARRI

Automotive
Nov 5, 2009
ES
I have NX5 since 1 year, and i`ve tried to install NX6 , but now a cant run NX5 and either NX5!!!!!

I install NX6, the license file (with SERVER Micomputername ANY 28000 in the frist line) but NX6 says "The license server does not support this feature -18" but if try to run NX says "License error :unknow error number".....
ARGGGGG!! HELPPPP!!!

I dont now if i need some changes in my environment variables ... but i need NX5 or NX6 tomorrowww

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yes... i have one license file for Nx5 and other diferent for Nx6 ... I have tried wiht diferents nx6.lic files!!!! .... im desperate!!!!!!

If i trie to run NX% in the log file apeers this
18:53:26 (lmgrd) -----------------------------------------------

18:53:26 (lmgrd) Please Note:

18:53:26 (lmgrd)

18:53:26 (lmgrd) This log is intended for debug purposes only.

18:53:26 (lmgrd) In order to capture accurate license

18:53:26 (lmgrd) usage data into an organized repository,

18:53:26 (lmgrd) please enable report logging. Use Macrovision's

18:53:26 (lmgrd) software license administration solution,

18:53:26 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Manager, to readily gain visibility

18:53:26 (lmgrd) into license usage data and to create

18:53:26 (lmgrd) insightful reports on critical information like

18:53:26 (lmgrd) license availability and usage. FLEXnet Manager

18:53:26 (lmgrd) can be fully automated to run these reports on

18:53:26 (lmgrd) schedule and can be used to track license

18:53:26 (lmgrd) servers and usage across a heterogeneous

18:53:26 (lmgrd) network of servers including Windows NT, Linux

18:53:26 (lmgrd) and UNIX. Contact Macrovision at

18:53:26 (lmgrd) for more details on how to

18:53:26 (lmgrd) obtain an evaluation copy of FLEXnet Manager

18:53:26 (lmgrd) for your enterprise.

18:53:26 (lmgrd) -----------------------------------------------

18:53:26 (lmgrd) pid 3468

18:53:26 (lmgrd) Done rereading

18:53:26 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v11.4.100.0 build 50818 i86_n3) started on wender (IBM PC) (11/6/2009)

18:53:26 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2007 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

18:53:26 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.

18:53:26 (lmgrd) World Wide Web:
18:53:26 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Users\Ruben\Desktop\nx6.lic

18:53:26 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 28000

18:53:26 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...

18:53:26 (lmgrd) License server manager (lmgrd) startup failed:

18:53:26 (lmgrd) File not found, ugslmd.exe

18:53:26 (lmgrd) File not found, ugslmd.exe

Did you install the license server for NX6? I do not believe you need to install the server in a different location than default in order to be able to run NX5 & NX6.

Are you using a dongle at all? If so, you need to install the Sentinel software, which is just a .msi file in the licensing directory.

In your license file, you need to type in the exact network name for your computer, if you haven't already.

Beyond those suggestions, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ok ...... crisis overcome.... uffff.... I uninstall all licenses server ... and then i install in a directory the license serve for NX5 (from DVD of NX5) and in other directory the license server for NX6 (from DVD of NX6) ... now i have NX5 and Nx6 on my PC.... thank you..... UFFFFFFFF!!!!!

In response to your first comment "with SERVER Micomputername ANY 28000 in the frist line"

As suggested above make sure you have your computer named spell correctly. You should be able to copy and paste the line out of your old license file.

For example if your license server is named "LICSERVER"

Then the first line should look like this:

SERVER LICSERVER COMPOSITE= xxxxxxx 28000

(Composite left as XXXXX as I don't know if that is confidential to our machine or site specific.)

Also make sure the file name is spelled correctly along with the extension.

For example ours is name ugs1.lic

After you do this restart the "UGS License Server (ugslmd)" service by going to

Start > Run
type in "services.msc"
Then right click UGS License Server (ugslmd) and select RESTART

You should always copy and/or rename your old license file in case something like this goes wrong then you can put the old one back in place.

Take a moment to check your environment variables. If you have one called UGS_LICENSE_SERVER that points to the NX-5 license file rather than the NX-6 one then change it. Some of this depends on how your site licensing is configured so don't panic if it isn't the case. Ring your local help desk if necessary.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

You do not need to maintain two license servers to run both NX 5.0 and NX 6.0 since NX 5.0 will run off of an NX 6.0 license server. On my system I'm running NX 5.0, NX 6.0, NX 7.0 and NX 7.5 all off the same NX 7.5 license server.

Note that you will still need a 2nd license server if you wish to continue to also run NX 4.0 or older versions (I have everything from UG V16.0 thru NX 4.0 running on the same NX 4.0 license server).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back