[HELP] Part quantity on single part drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danu88

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2020
ID
Hello,

I'm new in SolidEdge drawing (.dft file)
Need help...
Is it possible to show quantity of part in drawing mode (with call-out), refer to certain assy file in the same folder?
So I have 2 kinds of drawing: Assy drawing and part drawing. In Assy drawing, I create partlist that contain quantity of each part/item. Lets say I have 5 part in that Assy (named: part1, part2 and so on). Then I'm going to make drawing of part1. How to call quantity of part1 in this drawing, refer to assy drawing I made earlier?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The reason why that is so difficult to do in Solid Edge is because it is very bad drafting practice.

What happens if that part is used in a different assembly with a different quantity?

But, if you are set on doing this, you can insert the assembly into the drawing and create your Parts List from that. You can either move that assembly drawing view off the sheet do it doesn't print, or you can hide all the other parts from the view in order to show only your single part.

You can also, when creating a view, select only the part to create the drawing from, but I don't remember if that one will generate the proper Parts List results for you.

--Scott
www.aerornd.com

Thanks @swertel for your answer...
What happens if that part is used in a different assembly with a different quantity?
Yes, it would be a problem for sure, but in my case this almost never happen and every part drawing is created following its assembly.

But, if you are set on doing this, you can insert the assembly into the drawing and create your Parts List from that. You can either move that assembly drawing view off the sheet do it doesn't print, or you can hide all the other parts from the view in order to show only your single part.
I have done that, but i need to display quantity value of the only part in its title block not in partlist. It colud be done with, generate partlist, then edit partlist property so only left one single part. But that's not what I looking for. I want to make this quantity value included in my drawing template, so let's say, if I change single part (with the same assembly), quantity value will adjust automatically.

Can't be done automatically in the title block.

You can create a callout, using named references, to get the quantity value of a part from the assembly view and place it in the title block location. But, for that callout to work, it will have to attach to the specific part in question in the view, which means you'd manually have to create that callout. That's what I mean by not automatic. You can't have the property/callout as part of your template and expect it to know what part to call out the quantity for.

--Scott
www.aerornd.com

Yes,, To get callout we must attach arrow to part in assy view,,
So, it is impossible to get it. Just wondering if it any chance to get it done with macro function,, well, I dont know anything about programming codes,,

Thanks again for your answer,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back