Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please Frequency Analysis. Error: Three Factorizations in a row failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptsal

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2013
PT
Hey,

I need some help trying to understand why I get the ERROR: "THREE FACTORIZATIONS IN A ROW FAILED. CHECK THE MODEL. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE MODEL CONTAINS THE KINEMATIC COUPLING DEFINITION SET UP IN A WAY THAT A DEGREE OF FREEDOM HAS NEITHER MASS NOR STIFFNESS", when I'm doing a Freqyency analysis step.

I have encoutered this error several times, I was able to fix it sometimes, however not knowing how(pure luck I think).

The error is very explicit I think, the problem is that after analysing the .msg, .dat, etc ... I was not able to conclude where the error comes from. I have no idea what degree of freedom has no mass nor stiffness.

In my model, I have been using several types of interaction. I started geting this error when I started using Reference Points in coupling contraints, and connectors of type Hinge, MPC.

My first thought was that since I haven't assigned any mass or inertia to these RPs, that the error could come from that. However most of the connections I already have in my model work, dont have any mass or inertia and Abaqus is able to finish the simulation.

If anyone could help me and point to the right direction, I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back